In Episode #5 we shared that the #1 most impactful action you can take to immediately improve how you manage people and become the boss people want to work for is to hold at least a 30-minute weekly one-on-one or “O3” with each of your employees.
Now, we’re sharing the second most important discipline…giving feedback and coaching.
- Why give feedback and coach
- What are the differences between feedback versus coaching
- How and when to give feedback
5 Steps To Give Feedback:
- Describe what happened (“I’ve noticed”…from your “video check”)
- Describe your perception of the impact (why it matters)
- Check for understanding and listen
- Clarify next steps
- Follow up on the agreed action