We’ve trained thousands of leaders, from first-time managers to experienced executives.
If we were sitting with you one-on-one as your leadership and high-performance coach, we’d cover the below actions.
They form the foundation EVERY SINGLE MANAGER can take to immediately become a better boss that people want to work for.
What to do your first month:
Start Here: Listen to Episode #5 – The #1 Most Impactful Leadership Discipline – One-on-Ones or “O3s” (29 minutes).
The #1 most impactful action you can take to immediately improve how you manage people and become the boss people want to work for is to hold at least a 30 minute weekly one-on-one or “O3” with each of your employees.
Enter your e-mail below to immediately get access to the FREE GUIDE, How To Roll Out One-on-Ones or O3s to learn the 5 topics to cover in each O3, learn WHY O3s are so impactful, and HOW to roll them out with a sample introductory e-mail you can send to your team.
ACTION: send out the O3 launch e-mail to your team, followed up by discussing it in your next team meeting
What to do your second month:
Listen to Episode #16 – The Second Most Impactful Leadership Discipline – Feedback & Coaching, and practice giving feedback daily. Coaching will soon follow.
5 Steps To Give Feedback:
- Describe what happened (“I’ve noticed”…from your “video check”)
- Describe your perception of the impact (why it matters)
- Check for understanding and listen
- Clarify next steps
- Follow up on the agreed action
Listen to Episode #35 to learn how leaders coach using The ABC Coaching Framework
Recently got a new role managing people?
In Episode #20 – New Manager Quick Start, learn the top 9 tools we recommend managers use in their first 90 days to get off to a quick start.
- Episode #21 – Create Your 30-60-90 Day Plan
- Episode #22 – Mentally transition into your new role
- Episode #23 – Create “My Style: A Guide To Working With Me”
- Episode #24 – Create a network list and begin listening conversations
- Episode #25 – Transition work from the prior incumbent
- Episode #26 – Conduct a New Leader Assimilation
- Episode #05 – Roll out your O3s (one-on-ones)
- Episode #37 – Create your Management Operating System (MOS)
- Episode #38 – Conduct an Organizational Effectiveness Assessment Bonus: Begin to learn and apply the Top 5 Manager Must Do’s like giving Feedback (Episode #16) and Coaching (Episode #35)
You’re now ready to continue by joining the Lead U weekly e-mail and check out FREE RESOURCES
Sign up for the free LEAD U weekly e-mail below to start receiving all the freebies.